Following the retitling of UKSG's journal (what was Serials is now Insights), the name of our old blog (LiveSerials) no longer made sense, so we're starting over as UKSGLive. Please update your RSS readers and blogrolls - and note that, finally, you can subscribe by email. We're still using Blogger, so hopefully you should be able to find your way around relatively easily.
Help wanted: be one of our bloggers
With the 2012 conference fast approaching, we are actively seeking new bloggers to help relieve some pressure on those who have done it in the past. Please get in touch with your Google account email address if you are willing to give it a try. You only need a Google account and a willingness to take / write up notes, and you don't need to do it in realtime (anytime within conference week is fine). We can help you get to grips with Blogger if you've never used it before, or even post for you if that's easiest. If you take notes anyway, please consider sharing them via the blog!
Design / template: thoughts welcome
We've incorporated UKSG's lovely new visual identity into the blog's design - hope you like it! Do let us know your thoughts (via comments, or to firstname.lastname@example.org) - we'll be happy to keep adding to and shifting around the blog's template for a bit, to make sure it's working for everyone.
Elsewhere in social media
The UKSG conference has a diverse presence in social media:
- On Twitter - we tweet as @uksg, and we're recommending #uksglive as the hashtag, as #uksg is getting a bit overrun with sporty schoolchildren
- On Slideshare - our speakers' slides will appear here during the conference, as fast as our little mouse clicks can carry us
- On Paper.li - a round-up each day to help you keep on top of the tweeting
- On Lanyrd - find out who else is attending
- On Facebook and LinkedIn - do a bit of virtual networking prior to your arrival in Glasgow